Tuesday, November 04, 2008

President Elect Barack Obama

I was moved this evening listening to the inspiring speeches given by both Senator John McCain and President Elect Barack Obama. I was struck by the quality of the men.

They both hit the perfect chord, for me. And, in both cases, it was clearly heart felt. I was proud of them, and I was proud to be an American.

Somewhere buried in the Utah Amicus blog archives is a comment I left back in the midst of the Primaries, when the Democratic field was still fairly large. In that comment, I confessed that Barack Obama was my favorite of all the Democrats.

Since then, my admiration for the man has only increased. I love him. While I may not agree with him on every issue, I am convinced that he will be an outstanding president.

And, even though it was my honor to cast my vote for John McCain, I am proud that the American people voted for Barack Obama. God bless them for their wisdom!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:10:00 PM, Blogger rmwarnick said...

I was a McCainiac in 2000, when McCain used to be good on the issues, and still young enough to handle the job of President. Tonight it seemed like he gave the best speech of his life, having escaped the grip of Karl Rove dirty politics at last.

"My fellow prisoners," how true-- but now he's free again.

 
At Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Alienated Wannabe said...

Hi Richard,

Do you think that Obama will offer McCain a position in his cabinet? Secretary of Defense maybe?

A.W

 
At Wednesday, November 05, 2008 2:13:00 AM, Blogger Rob said...

How wonderful it is that we had two great candidates for president.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

 
At Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:33:00 AM, Blogger Alienated Wannabe said...

I agree, Rob. Thanks for dropping by.

A.W.

 
At Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:30:00 AM, Blogger rmwarnick said...

I don't know if McCain will be offered a cabinet job-- he's too old. And I was surprised to learn Colin Powell is 71 (that guy looks a lot younger).

SecDef is a job that requires superb organizational talent-- looks like Bob Gates will keep it for now.

President-Elect Obama will appoint some Republicans, I expect. Maybe one for a cabinet post.

 
At Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Alienated Wannabe said...

Richard,

You almost certainly right about Bob Gates keeping his job. That is very sound analysis. I don't know what I was thinking. (I must have stayed up too late watching returns or something!)

A.W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home